SAGE Group Response to Coronavirus COVID-19
SAGE Group , Mar 16, 2020 3:48:49 PM
Updated 06 April 2020
At SAGE Group, the wellbeing of our people, clients and partners is important to us. We are continuing to monitor and manage the COVID-19 situation, placing appropriate preventative measures across our regions so that all stakeholders including our employees, subcontractors, clients and the communities in which we work are kept safe and well.
We have enacted all measures as recommended by the Australian Government in response to the COVID-2019 coronavirus outbreak, including travel restrictions and self-isolation periods for our people. Containment measures include:
- No international business travel
- Business-critical & essential domestic travel only, requires COO and/or CEO approval.
- Employees or workers visiting or transiting through any country outside of Australia for personal travel, are encouraged to rethink or reschedule their plans. It has also been recommended that all non-essential domestic travel should be cancelled in our effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Any employees who are required to self isolate, must adhere to self-isolation requirements aligned to Australian Government requirements as per the links below:
- Any employee whose spouse/partner, or a person they co-habit with, has returned from International or domestic travel must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If an employee is being tested for COVID-19, they must adhere to Department of Health requirements and must not attend work and must remain in self-isolation in their place of residence until they receive a negative test, or for 14 days from date of last exposure with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (whichever is longer).
- Self-isolation for any employee who has flu-like symptoms or has been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- In the case that an employee or worker who attended the premises returns a positive test to COVID-19, additional cleaning and disinfection of the premises will take place in accordance with the Department of Health cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19.
- Signage articulating health containment measures
- Employees are encouraged to work from home if they can
- Employees are encouraged to practice social distancing of 1.5 metre
- Employees that are on site are encouraged to eat lunch outside. Those that use the kitchen on premises are encouraged to keep 1.5 metre distance and to not enter unless there are 5 people or less in the kitchen. All kitchen surfaces, utensils and equipments are to be cleaned after use.
- Visitors to SAGE offices for business imperative purposes only, no office tours and no international visitors.
- All visitors to abide with strict health containment measures
- Team safety conversations regarding COVID-19 symptoms and hygiene practices
- Staff events deferred indefinitely
- Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 after seeking medical attention, you will be subject to the Department of Health’s isolation procedures. Any colleagues or co-workers that have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have shared work surfaces with them, must also self-isolate for 14 days and work from home if they can.
- Employees are expected to remain vigilant, adopt good personal hygiene practices & conduct individual risk assessments at home and at work regarding their personal circumstances and what they need to do to mitigate the impact of being exposed to the COVID19. Any individual who is feeling unwell, for any reason, should stay at home and seek medical attention.
- To maintain wellbeing and for extra support, employees are encouraged to use our Employee Assistance Program support service.
Given the importance of working together with our clients and partners to effectively implement these measures we ask that you share your company requirements with your local SAGE contact. Please also advise us immediately should you become aware of circumstances where your people may have been at risk of contracting COVID-19 that collaborate with our team members.
Advice from clients and partners regarding their site requirements and how they are responding to COVID-19 is shared with our team.
- Use video call technology for client collaboration in place of face-to-face meetings where possible
- Share and adhere to client site requirements and remain vigilant with personal hygiene
Our Partners and supply chain
It is important for us in providing ongoing support for our clients that we also carefully manage our supply chain.
- Use video technology for supplier collaboration in place of face-to-face meetings where possible
- Stores receiving goods delivery access limited, social distancing and hand sanitation measures in place
We will continue to monitor the Australian Department of Health website for any guideline updates for employers and continue to follow the latest advice.
Thank you for assisting us to ensure adequate controls are in place for the mutual protection of our people and the wider community.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer